Mission, Vision and Core Beliefs
Central High School is committed to a tradition of academic excellence, a culture of collaboration, and a vision of global impact.
Education that Makes a Difference
Our School's Core Beliefs
- It is the moral imperative of all administrators, teachers, and staff members to create an environment at CHS in which learning for all students is the top priority.
- Decisions about learning and the operation of CHS are made based on what best supports student learning.
- Education is the foundation for success in life and is a lifelong process; CHS graduates should be global, productive citizens. Student learning is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Student learning is best achieved by actively engaging students in the learning process and by lesson design that includes a variety of instructional strategies. Teaching a student how to think is significantly more important than teaching them what to think.
- A safe, physically comfortable environment is essential to student learning and success. Each student is a valued individual with unique characteristics that are to be embraced by all at CHS.
- It takes an exemplary and dynamic educational community to produce exemplary students. Hard work, dedication, reflection, consistency, and a drive to "be better" are key components of successful schools. School leadership should invest in teachers personally and professionally in order to support them more effectively.
- Students, teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for achieving the school's mission.